Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Kiss in Time

by Alex Flinn

In my review of Alex Flinn's Beastly, I mentioned that I was willing to give him another chance despite my disappointment with that book. I had read a description of A Kiss in Time and thought it looked too intriguing to ignore. I won't make that mistake a third time.

This book was sub par at best. Telling the story of Sleeping Beauty and waking her up in the 20Th Century is a unique take on the well-known tale. However, once again, I wasn't in love with the characters and it seems like Flinn is still trying a little too hard to talk the talk of a seventeen-year-old. I was a little put off by the soul mates vibe, as I prefer characters to be a little more mature in those scenarios. Like Beastly, I was pleased by the Epilogue and the way he wrapped up some stray ideas.

All in all it was an okay book and it was devoid of any adult themes.

No comments: