Fragile Eternity is Melissa Marr's third book in this series, but I would call this one more of a sequel to Wicked Lovely and classify Ink Exchange as perhaps a companion book.It's been a while since I read Wicked Lovely, but I remember loving it. Ink Exchange was crap, but Marr mostly redeemed herself, as I was hoping, with this third book. It returns to the original characters and continues their story, but I found that I didn't care much for Aislinn. I hated how whiny and immature she came off and I didn't really understand or enjoy the dynamic between herself and Keenan. The thing that really annoyed me was the loosey goosey ending. It was obviously a cliffhanger for another installment, but it didn't leave me panting for the next one, only irritated that there were so many unanswered questions.
The writing is good, although I don't think it's as good as the author thinks it is and there are moments of imagery that don't quite conjure a clear picture. I really liked seeing how each of the courts fits together and, despite it being a little unexpected and weird, I liked seeing into Sorcha's court and the relationship that develops between her and Seth.
Fragile Eternity was good enough to get me to read the next one. It had some sexual content, nothing graphic, and profanity.


No comments:
Post a Comment