Bloodfever is actually book two in Moning's "Fever" series. However, I don't feel like I missed anything in Darkfever. This book stands alone and seems to have recapped its predecessor successfully.This is one of those books that I felt was a little too much like a placeholder; a segway into the next book. I don't have a lot to say about this one. I enjoyed it, it was a very fast read and it left me wanting to read the next installment.
There is so much mystery in Bloodfever, it seems something more should have been revealed by this point in the story, and certainly the reader should be let in on some serious secrets by the end of book two. I have no idea who, or what, Barrons is. Mac keeps making really dumb mistakes, which should be refreshing, finding a less than extraordinary heroine, but it's almost like a bad horror movie, the cliched kind that possesses one to yell at the movie screen, "Don't go that way! Run!"
I like this somewhat original perspective of the Fae world. The different breeds of Seelie and Unseelie are interesting. Moning does an excellent job of giving Mac a voice within her writing which is casual and real, where it could be forced and difficult to read.
There is language and mild sexuality in this book.


No comments:
Post a Comment